Electrician (A Grade)Dampier Based
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Marine Electrician to join the Maintenance team at our Dampier operations in the Pilbara.
The role will be initially offered on a full time fixed term contract up to and including the 6th of March 2019 with the potential to become permanent full time.
The role, as with all the shore-based trades, reports to the Maintenance Supervisor - Dampier, with the successful candidate responsible for all electrical equipment maintenance on-board Westug managed vessels. This involves having an understanding of marine operations as well as operation of individual vessels.
Operational and Safety Accountabilities
- Attends and actively participates in safety and maintenance meetings and any other meetings as required.
- Follows safe working procedures, operating procedures and guidelines supporting a safe work environment.
- Complies with all PPE and other Engage Marine Group and client requirements.
- Complies with regulatory and site-specific training requirements including the training of other personnel or contractors as required.
- Completes required risk assessments, safe work procedures, including but not limited to pre-starts, take 5’s and JHA’s.
- Familiar with safe work requirements when using chemicals and the use of a MSDS ‘s.
- Assists with any other requests as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Foster and promote good relations and communications between and among shipboard personnel and all stakeholders.
- Ensure open and honest communication with Maintenance Supervisor and Vessel Engineers is maintained regarding vessel maintenance.
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformities are reported to the Maintenance Supervisor in accordance with procedures and that appropriate corrective and preventive action is taken and assists with incident reporting and investigation as required.
- Inspections and repairs of electrical equipment including 12, 24 and 240 (where vessel applicable) volt systems.
- Basic understanding of radio and navigational equipment
- Fault finding & repairs
- Understanding of the test and repair of PLC systems and control systems
- Switchboard function testing
- Pressure and temperature sensor testing & calibration
- Responsible for ensuring all of the necessary tools, equipment, and supplies that are required in the course of their duties are utilised to the safest and highest standards and re-ordered when running low.
- Responsible for the start-up and shutdown of machinery as related to the role.
- Electrical Trade Certificate or equivalent.
- 'A' Grade Western Australian Electrical Licence.
- Electrical Contractor's Licence highly desirable.
- Experience in the marine industry and an understanding of vessel operations would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience in maintaining Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC ) systems.
- Experience in diesel engine control, monitoring systems and extra Low Voltage DC Systems.
- Experience with hydraulics operation, maintenance and fault rectification highly desirable.
- High work ethic and delivers work as promised to a high level.
- Is a natural problem solver and is confident in initiating improvement.
- Strong resilience when faced with challenging work tasks and situations.
- Instrumentation installation & calibration experience.
- Working at Heights Licence.